In this video we show you how to cook Biryani rice, Bolani, Peeraki, Afghan curry, salad, Chakni and fruit chart!
The dishes we cook in the video is mostly cooked for random lunches and dinners, however, the rice dish and Afghan curry (various types) are also considered must for all afghan special occasions e.g: weddings, parties, hospitality etc.
In Afghanistan, girls of student age are quite keen to help their mothers cook delicious dishes as you watched in the video. We unfortunately do not run cooking classes arranged for the students due to insufficient possibilities. It could be a great initiative for the future.
- 1 kg Chicken pieces, skin removed
- Cooking oil 3-4 tbsp
- Fresh tomatoes ½ kg
- Garlic 3-4 cloves
- Fresh pepper 4pieces
- Thick Yoghurt ½ kg
- Small piece of ginger peeled
- 1 heaped spoon of coriander powder
- ½ spoon of seasoning
- Pour oil in a cooking pot, add pieces of chicken to the heated oil.
- Stir the chicken pieces in the pot, add garlic, add small cut pieces of fresh pepper, add coriander powder, add cut tomatoes, add seasoning, add ginger pieces, salt and thick yoghurt. Now add a glass of water .Stir again until all the ingredients added to cooking pot get well mixed.
- Now heat it for around 12 minutes – (medium heat)
- Turn heat off and delicious Afghan chicken curry should be ready. You may check the chicken pieces for softness and may cook if for five more minutes if the chicken is not as much cooked as you may like.
- Sprinkle a handful of chopped coriander on curry as garnish.
- ½ kg eggplant
- Thick Yoghurt ½ kg
- Garlic 3 cloves
- Cut Tomatoes ½ kg
- Salt (as needed)
- Fresh pepper 2 pieces
- Fresh chopped coriander for garnish
- Peel off eggplant and cut into equal slices
- Place the pieces of eggplant in a plate – Add some salt to the uncooked eggplant and leave for 3 minutes
- Now, pour cooking oil into a frying pan, turn the heating on and add eggplant pieces to it to cover the surface of the frying pan (make sure the eggplant water in the plate is not used).
- Leave the eggplant for 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Now remove the fried eggplant from the frying pan and add cut tomatoes, chopped garlic and fresh pepper and 1 tbsp of salt to the same oil in the pan.
- Stir well until it is turned into paste.
- Now add the fried eggplant to the paste and stir carefully until the eggplant pieces are well covered with the paste containing tomato, garlic, pepper and salt.
- Use thick yoghurt and chopped coriander as garnish.
- Enjoy! 🙂