Yakoti Junior High School prepared Ghanaian national dish “nkanzagma”
“Nkanzagma” is a dish prepared mainly from millet flour and cooked by steaming. It is a delicious light meal for lunch.
- ½ bowl of millet flour
- Pepper and salt to taste
- Cooking oil
- White beans leaves
- Wash and pound beans leaves
- Add salt-bitter and water
- Mix thoroughly and squeeze out beans leaves
- Sprinkle the mixture on the flour and mix well
- Put cooking pot on fire and spread with net or clean leaves/grasses
- Put mixture in a calabash or shallow rubber and roll till smaller balls are formed
- Spread them on the net or clean grasses and allow the steam to cook it
- Serve with oil and pepper hot or cold.
Very important part of the procedure is shaking/rolling the mixture to form small balls.
Here’s our video! Have a nice 7 minutes with us!
NAYEN SONG KA LA SIGI! (Nabt)
BON APPETIT! (English)
HEAD ISU! (Estonian)